Thursday, January 10, 2008

WEEK 1 (12/17-12/21)

My first week interning at NBC’s The Today Show could not have gone better. Only several of their fall interns remain at work, and they were nice enough to show me the ropes before departing. I learned how to dub and log tapes ‘the NBC way’. I met dozens of The Today Show producers and researchers who work tirelessly everyday to get this award winning show on-air. I was introduced to my supervisor as well, who happens to be exceptionally kind and patient.

Overall, the first week was a bit overwhelming but always simultaneously exciting. The constant star traffic and ever-changing agenda certainly does keep one on their toes. My first few days include: desperately attempting to memorize eighty (or so) producers’ names; sorting mail into unmarked mailboxes; and getting completely lost in the halls of Rockefeller Plaza. I don’t know if I’ll ever completely understand the exact layout of the building, but I’m making my best attempt.

Anyhow, I’m determined to be successful at NBC. I have fervently studied the life-saving, all-inclusive packet of ‘Today Show 101’ on my train ride to and from work, and hopefully I’ll be up to speed on the general know-how of being a Today Show intern by week two.

No comments: