Friday, January 11, 2008

WEEK 4 (1/7-1/11)

This week some of the fall interns began to filter in. I’m glad to have them, and I’m even more excited that I will get to train them. I showed them what the past interns had shown me, although I may have tweaked it a bit by including some tips I’ve picked up on my own in the past few weeks. Personally, I think I’ve done a stellar job at giving the newbies a run down of the intern know-how. At any rate, I tried to be as helpful and thorough as possible because I know how it is to feel completely unacquainted with what’s going on around you. After all, I still encounter that feeling every now and again.

So by Friday we’ve acquired a total of three new interns. They’re all girls, and they’re all from other cities far away. I like them all a lot, but their arrival has brought an interesting thought to my attention: the concept of competition now exists. I have only been here a short while longer then each of them, so once they have learned the basics they will become fair competition for impressing any of our superiors. I like a little competition so I’m not necessarily upset, but I can sense that everyone is definitely conscious of the idea. So, I’ve decided to step it up a little bit, and really try to fulfill my role as the oldest and most experienced intern – even if it is by only three weeks. : )

No comments: