Monday, February 4, 2008

WEEK 6 (1/21 – 1/25)

Now only two weeks remain, and I am starting to wonder – what’s next? This internship has certainly helped to narrow down what I want to do career-wise. This makes me very happy considering I will begin to look for jobs soon, and now I know what to look for.

Working at The Today Show, you get to see a lot of the production process. I worked closely with many of the producers, assisting them in various tasks that all contribute to the creation of a segment. This has opened my eyes to a different side of broadcasting, and it’s definitely something I can appreciate and see myself doing. I really enjoy the creativity of production. You start from scratch, beginning with a story idea, and you proceed through the steps of creation, all the way to completion of an on-air segment. To watch the segment finally go on-air, and to then (hopefully) receive commendation and have the segment to show for it must be very fulfilling. I know I feel proud when I have merely participated in some of the miniscule tasks necessary to create such a compilation. So I can only imagine how it may feel for the producers.

However, it is still my passion to be an on-air personality or talent. I am struggling to choose between the two career paths, so I’ve decided to not pick one but to instead aim for both.

No comments: