Monday, February 4, 2008

WEEK 7 (1/28 – 2/1)

My thoughts (and worries) for what is next continue into this week. I have taken some steps to determine what will be next, including making the decision to apply for several different early-career and internship possibilities. I have contacted NBC’s Philadelphia Bureau to see if any internship opportunities for spring are still available there. Although, on such late notice I am not sure I will be able to get involved this upcoming semester. My supervisor gave me some good contact names, so perhaps that will help.

I’ve also decided to apply for the NBC Page Program. Being a page is basically the entry-level job program, which has been in existence for many years at NBC. Willard Scott, one of the on-air personalities at The Today Show (‘Willard Scott Birthdays’), even began here as a page. Many of the people I have met during my time here have also been pages. In fact, I am happy to say that some of the most recent page-graduates have offered to help me with my application process. I hope to apply by the end of this week, or early next week. I also intend on applying to a couple other early-career programs that are offered at NBC.

All this preparation for the next step has also reminded me of how important my relationships are with these people, and how I’d like to keep those relations intact. I intend on regularly e-mailing these contacts throughout my final semester at Delaware, in hopes I will stay fresh in everyone’s minds when it comes time for the job search.

No comments: